Nirit Ben Joseph started working as a tour guide in Berlin in 1989. She offers comfortable, luxurious, air-conditioned van tours for up to six guests and uses a microphone and loudspeaker so she’s easy to hear. Nirit offers tours on subjects that can be very specific and detailed or more general. While most of her tours last six hours, different subjects can be combined to create multiple-day tours if requested.
Nirit creates a personal experience for her clients. She’ll pick you up at your hotel and finish the tour in your location of choice. Her tours are friendly for children and youth, so no need to reserve separate activities for younger family members. On top of that, Nirit will help you with hotel and restaurant reservations and even recommend cultural events for your visit. One of the nicest things that Nirit helps with is searching for family connections. For visitors coming to Berlin who have a family history, Nirit will help search archives and cemetery data to find the story of your ancestors.
Join one of Nirit Ben Joseph’s educational and exciting tours of Berlin and you’ll be exploring this fascinating city in comfort and style. Some of her tours include:
- The Best of Berlin: a six-hour tour exploring the highlights of the city, the best option for visitors who have a limited amount of time
- The Jewish Tour: learn about all the trials and tribulations that fill the rich history of Jews in Berlin and how the community has recuperated since then
- The Architecture Tour: explore the wonders of modern architecture and see how the urban part of the city has grown over the years
- The Cold War and the Berlin Wall: delve into the dark recent history of Berlin and the building and destruction of the Wall as you explore it yourselves
- Wannsee and Potsdam Tour: visit the prime location of the Potsdam Conference, the palace of Sanssouci and the palace of Cecilien Hof, in Berlin’s neighboring Brandenburg
- The Art Tour: see the best of Berlin’s art scene by exploring some of the most famous and unseen galleries the city has to offer
For guests who are exploring other parts of Germany, Nirit also offers tours in Dresden and Leipzig. The tour of Sachsenhausen concentration camp is highly recommended and it’s just a 45-minute trip out of central Berlin. While Nirit started studying in Tel Aviv University in 1987, her move to to Berlin in 1987 captivated her enough to stay in the city. Now, Nirit shares the parts that made her fall in love with Berlin with her tour guests.